Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.43
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.43 is now available and includes the following:
- The global setting for requiring demographics has been removed. From Office Manager, you can now specify whether certain patient demographics are required for adding or updating a patient record in Family File.
- From Office Manager, you can now specify whether the subscriber ID is required for attaching an insurance plan to a patient record in Family File.
- In the Family File, the labels for Home and Mobile boxes under Contact Info in the Head of Household Info or Patient Information dialog box have been renamed Primary and Secondary. Also, in the Patient Information block, for Phone, "P" and "S" appear next to the primary and secondary phone numbers, respectively.
- Outline of Selected Appointment - Outline for Selected Appointment - A noticeable, thick, black outline now appears around a selected appointment tile in Appointment Book.
- Show Time for Open Time Slot - If you position your pointer over an open time slot in Appointment Book, or if you click an open time slot while pressing Ctrl, the corresponding time appears on the time slot.
- Additional Appointment Information - An appointment tile can now display the following information (according to the view setup): insurance carrier/payor, billing type, financial class, and/or patient tags.
- Note - If it is common for patients to have many patient tags assigned to them, you can have the list of patient tags wrap to the next line.
- Full Operatory Notification - If you attempt to schedule more than 64 appointments in an operatory on a given day, Dentrix Enterprise now notifies you that the appointment cannot be scheduled because the operatory is full.
- Additional Information for New Patient Appointment - You can now enter a prospective patient's mobile number and email address when you are scheduling a new-patient appointment for that person. Also, when you create a Family File record from that new-patient appointment, that information is transferred to the patient's record. (unless you are adding the patient to an existing family; in which case, the guarantor's email address is used).
- Broken Appointments – On the Appointment Tab of More Information, the date and time of a broken appointment corresponds to the date and time for which the appointment was scheduled instead of when it was broken.
- Transaction Summary Report - In DXOne Reporting, the Transaction Summary Report is now available for any organization.
Dynamic Reporting Dashboard
- A new real-time, customizable reporting dashboard is available. To open the dashboard, do one of the following in the Office Manager; click the new Dynamic Reporting Interface button or click the new Dynamic Reporting Interface option on the File menu.
- Accessing the reporting dashboard requires the new "Dynamic Reporting Interface, Open" security right (in the "Office Manager" category).
- Exporting data from the reporting dashboard requires the new “Dynamic Reporting Interface, Export Report” security right.
- Day Sheet - You can now group transactions and totals on the Day Sheet (in DXOne Reporting) by billing type with subtotals by clinic or provider
- More than one user can now generate the same list at the same time.
- When filtering the list by Assigned Clinic, you can now select only the clinics that you have access to.
- When filtering the list by Primary Provider, you can now elect only the provider that you have assigned to.
- When you are filtering the list, an information icon (blue question mark) appears next to assigned clinic. When you position your pointer over that icon, a pop-up message appears, explaining how security rights affect the availability of clinics. Also, an information icon (blue question mark) appears next to Primary Provider. When you position your pointer over that icon, a pop-up message appears, explaining how security rights affect the availability of providers.
- CAL in Perio Diagnostics – In Perio chart, now the Clinical Attachment Level are calculated using new criteria.
Independent Modules - The following modules are now independent modules:
- Medical Alerts.
- Outstanding Claim Manager.
- Treatment Request Manager.
- Collections Manager.
- Family Balance Manager.
- Dentrix Enterprise Messenger.
- An independent module cab be opened from another module or independently and remain open independent of other modules.
- When an independent module is opened, the number of available licenses and the number of unique connected users are compared.
Tools and Menu
- A Log Off button now appears o the toolbar of the independent module (if a toolbar is present for that module)
- A Log Off button now appears on the File menu of the Collections Manager
Patent Health Exchange
- The Patient Health Exchange button now apears on the toolbar of the Chart and ledger
- The Patient Health Exchange option appears on the toolbar of the Chart and ledger
Suspended Credit Manager
- Suspended Credit Manager button now appears on the toolbar of DXOne Reports
- Suspended Credit Manager option appears on the toolbar of DXOne Reports
- Signature Manager – A signature Manager button now appears on the toolbar of Family File, Ledger, Chart and Appointment Book by default.
- Scheduling Assistant – A Scheduling Assistant button now appears on the toolbar of Family File, Ledger, Chart and Appointment Book by default.
- Collections Manager – a Collections Manager button now appears on the toolbar of the Ledger by default.
- Family Balance Manager – A Family Balance Manager button now appears on the toolbar of the ledger by default.
Outstanding Claims Manager
- An Outstanding Claims Manager button now appears on the toolbar of the ledger by default.
- An Outstanding Claims Manager option now appears on the File – Switch To menu of the ledger.
- A Patient Finance button now appears on the toolbar of Appointment Book, Chart, Family File and More Information
- A Patient Finance option now appears on the File menu of Appointment Book, Chart, Family File.
Dentrix Enterprise Messenger
- A Dentrix Enterprise Messenger button now appears on the toolbar of Ledger, Appointment Book, Chart, Family File.
- A Dentrix Enterprise Messenger option now appears on the File menu of Ledger, Appointment Book, Chart, Family File.
Medical Alerts – Now, if you attempt open the Medical Alerts for a patient in certain situations, a warning message appears.
Medical History Review – New logic and confirmation messages have been implemented for medical history reviews and medical alerts to help prevent information from not being entered or saved.
Dentrix Enterprise Messenger – A warning message no longer appears when you close Dentrix Enterprise Messenger.
Patient Finances – Only one Patient Financial file can open at a time.
Reduced Database Connections – With a global setting set to optimize large databases, the number of database connections has been reduced for Patient Health Exchange, Patient Finances, Suspended Credits Manager, Messenger, Signature Manager, and Clinical Notes.
Improved Database Performance – Optimizes some SQL queries.
Interoperability – HL7 Interfaces
Enhanced Consent Forms - For an enhanced consent form in Treatment Planner, Dentrix Enterprise now populates the Name box under Practice signature automatically with the name of the user who is currently logged in.
Note: In prior versions of Dentrix Enterprise, the box would be blank until after a practice signature was added, at which time, the patient's primary provider would be entered by default.
Document Extraction Center - The utility now extracts all documents that are associated with a given patient regardless of which clinic the documents were acquired at. The utility does not extract documents for a patient in a clinic other than the intended one
For additional details on new features, improvement and software fixes, contact Dentrix Enterprise Support.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 includes several of the top customer requested features and each update is designed to help simplify and streamline processes to help you focus on patient care.
Get improved control of your referrals to better serve your patients
- You can now create up to 99 referral statuses and assign those statuses to outbound referrals. Use the statuses to filter and create follow up lists that can help improve communication between your office and the office that receives the referral. You gain better visibility of patient success as they route through specialists. In addition, you can filter the Referred to Doctor Report by referral status.
Improve patient relations with quick replies about past statements
- When patients have a question, or a dispute, about a past statement, waste no time finding the statement in Dentrix Enterprise. The new Billing tab in the More Information window is your gateway to past printed statements that you can view and print again as needed.
Easily tie patient education to clinical notes
- Dentrix Enterprise now can automatically copy patient education details into clinical notes, attaching it to an encounter number as needed. This electronic connection can support your accurate capture of patient education as well as support Meaningful Use reporting.
Reduce the hassle and time spent on phone or online insurance verifications
- With Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU6 you can automatically verify most patients' insurance eligibilities prior to their appointments. Simply view the icon on the patient's appointment to see the patient's eligibility status for their primary dental plan, or right-click the icon to view insurance coverage information for all the patient’s insurance plans. NOTE: Requires enrollment in Dentrix Enterprise eClaims.
Prepare now to receive your Meaningful Use Stage 3 reimbursement
- Dentrix Enterprise Version 11.0.2 is the only Meaningful Use Stage 3 dental system designed for dental practices and health centers. Using 11.0.2, you can generate your CQM reports with confidence that you are providing the needed information for Stage 3 requirements.
Simplify processing of family balances
- When you are ready to process family balances, you can now filter by billing types, clinic, and date range to locate accounts with credit and charge balances. Using the new Family Balance Manager, you can select names and save steps by posting write-offs directly from the list.
Save time updating outstanding claims
- Using the Outstanding Claims Manager, you can now view and post write-offs for unpaid claims at the same time. Click on individual patient names to see claim data and make write-offs. Before closing all claims, see the total value of all write-offs as a quality check.
Enhanced alignment with industry security standards and removal of Flash
- Online communications for Dentrix Enterprise have been updated to use TLS1.2, currently the most used version of Transport Layer Security (TLS). TLS is a protocol designed to provide secure communication between web browsers and servers. We all know that Flash lacked modern security standards needed by Dentrix Enterprise users. We removed the last of it from our application by converting the Treatment Case report in Treatment Planner.
Provider and encounter automation
- Upon selecting an encounter and provider in the Appointment Book, we now can remember what was selected so that it is applied to the dental work completed during the visit. We call this clever enhancement Provider and Encounter Automation.
Updated accuracy of UDS report
- If a patient has a sealant on all first molars, then has a sealant redone at a later date, the UDS report can count them as an exclusion and for having it done previously.
HL7 enhancements added for PPR and ORM
- You now have access to PPR, the patient problem message used alternatively to send problems from one EHR to another. New enhancements were made to ORM messages adding additional flexibility to orders. These standards are particularly useful if you are leveraging athenahealth’s EHR.
Referral reports location changed for easier access
- Referred BY Doctor/Other Report and Referred BY Patient Report were moved from DXPrint to the DXOne Reporting Module.
Time-saving mass edits to database now available
- You can now perform mass transactional inserts to adjust patient balances and post mass zero insurance payments on outstanding claims with no insurance payment.
Enhancements to AxiaMed payment solution
- Updated integration gives new terminal and touchscreen PACS device options. Enhancements help to improve the financial performance of dental providers by expanding the payment options available to patients and streamlining administrative workflows.
Measure population health across all patients
- Deep in the heart of Dentrix Enterprise there is a global setting that allows customers to enable an Oral Health Status questionnaire to measure population dental health with a numeric score upon signing clinical notes.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU1
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 1 is now available and includes the following:
- Improved response times throughout Dentrix Enterprise by an average of 30-35%, even at higher user levels.
- Moved chart number setting from global setting to Office Manager setting.
- Updated ‘Auto Chart Number Setup’ dialog.
- Created pre-flight claim validation. Created a way to perform validation against claims prior to sending them electronically.
- Implemented additional ways to further restrict who can send claims electronically.
- Added New DXOne Report 'Missouri Medicaid Cost Report' in the Custom category.
- Made enhancements to HL7 event log management to restrict unnecessary parsing.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU2
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 2 is now available and includes the following:
- Implemented SQL Server Snapshot Isolation to support a greater number of simultaneous transactions. (211096)
- Enabled installation of Microsoft software needed for HL7 Service installation—for environments that don’t have an Internet connection. (216150)
- Added support for Active Directory users to generate reports on a second Reporting Server. (217698)
- Improved response time for the Appointment Book, Chart, and Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture (CCDA) file exchange service. (217136, 217145, 217149, 217153)
- Improved performance for three HL7 tables. (217166)
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU3
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 3 is now available and includes the following:
- Added Dentrix Enterprise Pay, giving users an additional, integrated payment solution choice with WorldPay as their credit card processor. (222734)
- Added support for Microsoft® SQL Server 2019 for practices wanting to use that SQL version. (230936)
- Modified required fields for Eligibility requests to be the same as claims (TIN and NPI numbers but not Group number). (235380)
- Improved efficiency of checking for claim attachments, speeding up the process significantly (38509)
- Enhanced eclaims submission speed with new Insurance user permissions for who can send claims without attachments. (225030)
- Created tools to audit Document Center documents for quality and accuracy, with new rights, an error section when editing document information, flags for reporting, and more. (219401)
- Added new Document Center Audit report in DXOne reports to easily track who audited, date of audit, and more. (219201)
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU4
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 4 is now available and includes the following:
- Added recurring payment capability to AxiaMed payment solution, allowing users to automate payment processing based on agreed-upon patient payment schedule. (198286)
- 835 Auto-Calculate: Speeds up payment posting process by recommending allocation options for insurance overpayments. (237810)
- 837i Support - Enabled sending of institutional electronic claims (837i) based on medical insurance UB04 claim form. (236416)
Enhanced efficiency of Treatment Planning through the following (201533):
- Improved control for Cancelled Treatment Request status was added to Definitions, Treatment Request dialog box, and Status filter—but hidden in Select Treatment Request in Appointment Book
- Added security rights to Treatment Request Complete/Cancel
- Disabled Update and Create buttons and Status list in Treatment Request dialog box
- Added a warning message when completing/cancelling a treatment request
- Automatically changes Treatment Request status to 'Reviewed' when the user sets the review-provider and date for treatment request and to ‘Scheduled’ when Treatment Request is assigned to appointment
- Added ability to receive treatment requests via HL7 in 'Canceled' and 'Completed' statuses
- Added 'Consult Order' message type O01(Cons) to display an inbound treatment order on the ‘Treatment Requests’ tab of the More Information window.
- Send outbound ORC message to the external system when a treatment request that came from an external system via HL7 is changed to status of 'Completed' or 'Canceled'
- Provided additional HL7 flexibility
Expanded More Information window capabilities (202907):
- Added fields to Inmate tab: TABE DATE, SLI, LEP, Prim. Method, Second. Method, ASN, PID, Clinical Risks, Chronic Care, and MH LOC
- Added DNV option to the Effective Communication area
- Enabled date to be received via HL7 ADT in OBX segment
- Updated Correctional tab with updated fields, labels, and layout
Enhanced Treatment Plans (203705):
- Added ability to set approval status at one time for multiple procedures
- Added ability to set approval status in ‘Edit Procedure’ window and the Treatment Plan Case setup
- When a user with security right overrides, provider of record is changed to show the overriding user.
Enhanced medical alerts (200818):
- Added ‘Medical Alert Review’ checkbox in the Copy Clinical Notes area, resulting in addition of PAM data be inserted into clinical notes
- Expanded More Information to include ability to ‘Review Medical Alerts’ and ‘Review and Attach Related Referral’
- Added users rights to Add/Edit/Review the Medical Alerts Review.
- Improved visibility of the Perio, More Information, and Medical Alerts windows with the new size automatically remembered. (188861 / 193642)
- Hid the Update Status button on the Dental Priority Classification window to avoid unauthorized edits. (201534)
- In the site settings, added 'O01(ORM) -- ORM Pharmacy Order' message type to 'Available Messages - Receive' section
- Changed inbound HL7 message parsing to accept Medical Holds and Mental Health Holds and make them non-editable from Dentrix UI
- Changed the link under 'Movement Holds' label on More Information window and on Patient Inmate Information window to 'Yes' if at least one active hold of any type was added. (201977)
- Added a label when Chart Notes are hidden from those without permissions. (207970)
- Created Hide/View button on Chart notes to easily hide text when text shouldn’t be visible. (207971)
- Added option for ‘Block sending custom SIU’ on the ‘SIU Setting’ dialog to stop sending of SIU messages for patients with hexadecimal, blank, or null external ID. (225023)
- Added additional flexibility to Consent Forms through prompts and templates (225027)
Expanded ‘More Info’ dialog box to include OHS data (225028):
- Added OHS tab that displays a patient’s complete OHS surveys
- Added OHS score icon to all tabs.
- When UDI Code for an implantable device is entered, added immediate notification if it has expired so clinician is aware and can take action as needed. (235352)
- Blocked editing for prescriptions that come from Millennium EHR. (235892)
- Simplified view on ‘Edit Payment Plans’ by allowing removal of old or irrelevant agreements. (241824)
- Enhanced practice efficiency by validating support for local install of Office 365. (212431)
- When multiple teeth are selected in Chart, added ability to navigate between individual teeth, add or edit surfaces for each, and see them in the Surface Selection window.
- Apply surface treatment to multiple teeth at the same time. (191076)
- On More Information window’s ‘Appointments’ tab, fixed Time for broken appointments to show actual time broken with columns show clinic name and time zone. (235351)
- Added paint type for ‘Fractured/Retained Root’ that shows broken line in tooth root on Patient Chart. (255983)
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU5
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Update 5 is now available and includes the following:
- Chart Progress Notes Sorting – Added ability to sort the data in progress notes table by any column header and according to column priorities. (191077)
Change information while editing conditions (205779)
The following editable fields have been added to the 'Change Condition' window:
- Provider and Clinic have been added as editable fields.
- Added the ability to edit existing fields, Procedure, Tooth, Surface in the 'Change Condition' window
- Added new fields that reflect such treatment areas as Quadrant, Arch, Sextant.
- We have simplified a step when a treatment is completed. Enterprise will now indicate that the condition which the treatment was planned, has been resolved without the system asking if you wish to make the change.
Perio Chart Enhancements (205073)
- The 'Impacted' and 'Root Tip' paint types have been added to the Practice Definition with serial numbers "43" for Impacted, "44" for Root Tip. The new paint types can be assigned to all existing and new procedures.
- The Impacted and Root Tip graphics have been applied to the corresponding paint types and can be shown on Primary and Permanent teeth in Chart, Perio, Treatment Planner.
- Added the ability to change provider in Perio automatically to the provider selected in Chart when user opens Perio Chart. The users will be notified about the changed provider when saving the exam.
Enhanced security rights have been added: to “Perio Chart, Add Exam”; “Perio Chart, Edit Exam”; “Perio Chart, Delete Exam”; “Perio Chart, Setup”.
- Users, without “Add Exam” security rights, cannot create (save) a new Perio exam.
- A user with “Add Exam” security rights, can modify a Perio exam until the end of the creation date even if the user doesn't have Edit right;
- A user who only has “Add Exam” security rights, can save the modified perio exam as a new exam for a new date.
- Users without “Edit Exam” security rights, cannot save changes to an existing Perio exam;
- User without “Perio, Delete Exam” rights, cannot delete perio exams.
- User without “Perio, Setup” right user cannot change settings in the Setup menu.
A note with a User ID ,and security rights available for the user, has been added to the Perio chart in order to alert userto what actions they can do.
- Added “Check all the new Perio Security rights” for all non-CDCR users who currently have the “Perio: Open” security right
- The buffer has been enlarged to prevent Perio chart from crashing when minimizing.
Patient List Enhancements (209550)
- We have expanded the patient list, filtering capabilities and classifications as needed for specific organizational needs.
- Expanded data categories for organizational specific needs.
New security rights have been added to “Patient List, Add”; “Patient List, Edit”; “Patient List, Delete”.
- With “Patient List, Open” security right users can run an existing list. User should not be able to enter any changes to existing patient list without Edit rights.
- With “Patient List, Add” security rights, users can now create new patient lists;
- With “Patient List, Edit” security rights, users can Open and Edit existing patient lists, but should not be able to save changes without “Patient List, Add” security rights.
- With “Patient List, Delete” security rights, users can delete an existing patient list.
- The Hotkey F6 was not working and has now been fixed. (265867)
- Perio default setting have been updated to allow settings to be user-specific, rather than machine-specific. This allows users to move to different workstations stations and take their rights with them.
- The system now allows the use of UTF-16 characters in Clinical Notes Module with global setting. However, this might cause some issues with certain HL7 implementation as the receiving system may not accept the UTF-16 characters properly.
- In the Select Script options, a visual cue alters the user when a script does not have a value. (271026)
- Improved Axia database connection reliability to ensure recurring payment service is maintained. (269806)
- Extended length of the Primary Care Provider First Name field from 20 to 30 characters. (281823)
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU6
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Update 6 is now available and includes the following:
Additional Improved User Experience Features (286710)
- CU6 makes it easier to visualize data by giving users rights to make window size specific to their needs in the following modules: Patient List, More Information, Medial Alerts, Signature Manager, Tx Request Manager, and Scheduling Assistant. When these modules are opened on different computers the window size parameters remain the same for that user.
- The length of the Primary Care Provider First and Last Name fields have been extended to 50 characters.
- Users have been given certain rights to override Approval Status security rights from the 'Edit or Delete Procedure' window. By selecting any value from the 'Approval Status' drop-down menu, a warning message will appear and give the user the ability to override security rights.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU7
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 7 is now available and includes the following:
835 Auto Import (ERA) – This feature automates the ERA importation process and facilitates user’s interactions with these files. (209053) This feature requires enrollment in Dentrix Enterprise eClaims.
- The Insurance Collection Manager will be the central management screen for interacting with API data received from Data Services. The ERAs tab is the first of these integrations.
The ERAs tab will automatically download and import ERAs from Data Services on a timed basis and allow Insurance Billing Coordinators to interact with these files in a centralized location.
- ERA download and import is automated and scheduled.
- Icon driven statuses guide the user’s actions.
- The display incorporates filtering on such data points as insurance company, patient name and others allowing your staff the flexibility of how they do their claims processing.
- The option for manual ERA import is retained.
- ERA sessions are maintained, and visibility is improved.
- Added the ability to apply dental sorting order to Quadrants and Arches when sorting Progress Notes table. (304140)
- Users can now resize the Notes area in Progress Notes by dragging the area to the desired size. The size will be saved for the user and will be size the user set no matter what machine they log into. (304147 / 300722)
- A new option has been added when clicking on the column header in the Progress Notes so the user can show or hide the Notes area. (304147 / 300722)
- The Reset Columns option will return all columns and the Notes area back to the default width and set all columns to show if they were previously hidden. (304147 / 300722)
Exit and Log off Updates (297818)
- The logic of closing the Office Manager has changed: The Exit menu item closes the current module and all dependent ones (like Document Center and More Information windows).
- The Log Off menu item closes the entire DXE application (all open modules).
Treatment Planner (304150)
- When the treatment plan procedure is rejected, the associated conditions will be unlinked from that procedure.
If a treatment case or an individual procedure is rejected in the Treatment Planner, the user will be notified that procedure(s) will be rejected and conditions unlinked.
- If the user confirms the changes, the procedure will be rejected (moved to rejected folder) and conditions will be unlinked.
- If the user declines the changes, the procedure will remain active, and conditions will remain linked.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 CU8
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0.2 Component Update 8 is now available and includes the following:
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0
Dentrix Enterprise’s software update 11.0 is now available for download and includes the following new features:
Editing Clinical Notes from the Signature Manager
- You can now edit or add information to an unsigned clinical note from the Signature Manager. You no longer have to open the corresponding patient’s record, open the Clinical Notes module, select the correct note page, make the necessary changes to the note, and then return to the Signature Manager to sign it.
Creating Family Alerts
- When creating a patient alert, you can now specify that the alert is for the family. The family alert appears for the patient and any of that patient’s family members (as set up in the Family File) when someone accesses the specified areas of Dentrix Enterprise. If a family alert has been set up to have a flag symbol appear on appointments, the symbol appears on appointments for all family members.
Entering Chart Notes
- You can now enter a general note regarding a patient’s clinical chart directly in that patient’s Chart while performing work on that patient. The note will always be visible to anyone who opens that patient’s Chart.
- When you copy a patient, the Patient Information dialog box is now named “Patient Copy Information,” and it has been updated to incorporate the changes that have been made to the Patient Information dialog box in previous versions of Dentrix Enterprise.
Viewing Birth Dates and Ages on Appointments
- When setting up a view in the Appointment Book, you can now have the date of birth and age appear as one of the line items on each patient’s appointment. The patient’s birth date and age also appear on the pop-up message that appears when you position your pointer over an appointment.
Opening the Treatment Planner
- You can now open the Treatment Planner from the Family File or the Appointment Book.
DXOne Reporting Module and Scheduling Service
- This module has been completely redesigned. It has an updated look. Additional report filters are available on some reports, and you can now filter nearly every report by patient tags. Also, there is a new method of installing a service on a server that handles scheduled reports and a new way to configure the report server on a computer from which you schedule report jobs.
Adding Implantable Devices
- You can now add implantable devices to a patient’s medical alerts. There is a new section in the Medical Alerts window that displays those devices. You can inactivate a device and specify a reason for doing so. If a procedure has been flagged as being for an implantable device, when you treatment plan that procedure, you can attach a device to the procedure by editing it, or you can wait to attach the device until you complete the procedure (when you post a completed procedure for an implantable device, Dentrix Enterprise automatically prompts you to attach a device).
Editing Clinical Notes with Prompts
- If you want to view or edit the information in a clinical note that was entered using a template with prompts, you can click the new View/Edit Prompts button on the toolbar to do so in the Clinical Note Prompts dialog box. You can still edit other parts of the clinical note in the same way as in previous versions of Dentrix Enterprise.
- Exporting C-CDA Documents – When you export a patient’s C-CDA document, the patient’s implantable devices, completed procedures, treatment-planned procedures, and dental conditions are now included. If the patient’s record has a clinical note that was created using a template (such as for documenting SOAP) that includes prompts for an assessment and planned care, that data is now included on the exported C-CDA document.
- Importing C-CDA Documents – When you import a C-CDA document (from an individual’s patient health exchange or from the general patient health exchange inbox) that includes the patient’s completed procedures, treatment-planned procedures, and dental conditions, you can now reconcile that data with procedures and conditions that are already in the patient’s record. Also, if the document includes the patient’s implantable devices, you can view those.
- Customizing View Settings for C-CDA Documents – When you are viewing a C-CDA document (from an individual’s patient health exchange or from the general patient health exchange inbox), you can now customize which sections appear, and in what order, when you view these types of documents.
Exporting from the Patient Health Exchange
- When you are exporting a patient’s C-CDA, you can now select which C-CDA version to use for the document, and you can now disable encryption of the exported file.
Viewing Patient Messages
- You can view a message from a patient (through the Updox portal), with the Add this information to my medical chart check box selected (this is a new option), and with or without attachments, on the new Patient Messages tab of the patient health exchange inbox or from the patient’s Medical Alerts window.
Importing Direct File Uploads
- You can now view a DIRECT message (from a provider) or a message from a patient (through the Updox portal), with file attachments (such as image or text files), on the new Direct File Uploads tab of the patient health exchange inbox. From there, you can also attach the message and the attached files to a patient’s record.
- Performing Patient Data Exports (Local) – When you are exporting patient data, you can now filter your patient search results by provider and by visit date. You can now select which C-CDA version to use for C-CDA documents.
- Performing Exports to a File Exchange Site – When you are exporting patient or provider/staff data to a file exchange site, you can now specify a name for the file group that gets exported. Also, you can view the history of file group exports.
- Scheduling Patient Data Exports – You can now schedule the export of patient data to a file exchange site. And, you can view and delete scheduled export jobs.
- Customizing an Ethnicity Definition – You can now map a CDC ethnicity code to an ethnicity definition, and you can use the name of that CDC ethnicity code as the definition’s description.
- Customizing a Race Definition – You can now map a CDC race code to a race definition, and you can use the name of that CDC race code as the definition’s description.
- Customizing a Sexual Orientation Definition – You can now map a standard description to a sexual orientation definition, and you can use that standard description as the definition’s description. Customizing a Gender Identity Definition – You can now map a standard description to a gender identity definition, and you can use that standard description as the definition’s description.
- Customizing a Language Definition – You can now map an ISO 639-2 Alpha-3 language code to a language definition, and you can use the name of that ISO language code as the definition’s description.
Inactivating and reactivating ADA-CDT dental codes
- You can now inactivate the procedure codes that you do not want to post in your practice. An inactive procedure codes is not available throughout Dentrix Enterprise for any clinic. However, you can reactivate any inactive procedure code as needed.
Sending a Link for a Patient Education Topic
- After you view a patient education topic, in the Record Patient Education dialog box that appears, there is now a Send link to portal check box. With the check box selected, when you click Record, a message with the specified URL is sent to the patient’s Updox portal.
Entering Patient Health Assessments
- There are additional vitals that you can include in an assessment. The new vitals appear in clinical notes that are generated automatically as the result of adding an assessment as part of completing a medical history review. You can also use the new vitals to create a global alert.
Adding Resources to Global Alerts
- You can now add diagnostic and therapeutic resources to a global alert.
Tracking Emergency Access
- An entry for a user being granted emergency access to a patient’s record can now appear on the Audit-Combined Report or the Patient Information Accessed Report.
Editing Patient Information
- In the More Information window, the patient’s name is now a link that you can click to open the Patient Information dialog box so that you can edit the patient’s information without having to open the patient’s Family File.
Entering a Patient’s Health Concerns
- You can now enter, edit, and delete health concerns that a patient has expressed.
Filtering the Treatment Request List
- You can now filter the list of treatment requests that appear in the Treatment Request Manager by statuses.
Generating the Patient List
- You can now save a set of filters and data fields as a template to quickly generate a list of patients that match that criteria. Also, you can now include patient tags and billing types as data fields of the generated list.
Reporting for Stage 3 Meaningful Use
- You can now generate the Meaningful Use Measure Calculation List for the stage 3 measures.
- The Select Patient dialog box has been optimized so that it and its Search By and Advanced Search tabs open faster. Also, there is a new clinic setting that determines, when you are searching for a patient, whether Dentrix Enterprise automatically displays matches as you type your search criteria, or you have to enter your search criteria and then click Search to view matches.
New Security Rights
- Central Clinic Only > Document Center Repository Setup – Allows the user to manage the paths for the document repositories in the Document Center.
- Office Manager > File Exchange, View/Edit Schedule – Allows the user to view and delete scheduled export jobs in the File Exchange module from the Office Manager.
Dentrix Enterprise 11.0 System Requirements
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.9
Dentrix Enterprise’s software update 8.0.9 is now available for download and includes the following new features:
- New module that gives you the ability to simply and easily schedule appointments by combining the Continuing Care, Unscheduled Appointment, ASAP, Unscheduled Treatment Plan and Treatment Request Manager lists into one window. Includes quick access to a patient’s More Information module and Office Journal.
Treatment Request Manager and Treatment Request tab in More Information
- New module that gives you the ability to store and manage requests for treatment when an appointment still needs to be scheduled. For example, if a patient leaves a voicemail asking for treatment or another provider sends an email or fax to treat a patient. Once recorded and reviewed, you can see those requests in the Scheduling Assistant to help you get those patients scheduled.
Active Directory Single-Sign-On
- New functionality that allows you to log in to Dentrix Enterprise without a username/password through Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) integration after you sign in to Windows.
Procedure Button Templates Stored in Database
- Create Chart button templates that follow a user across the network to other workstations and assign them to users or let them create and choose their own.
Suspended Credit Manager
- New on-screen window that shows suspended credits that haven't been allocated.
- Quickly allocate credits in Ledger directly from the Suspended Credit Manager.
- Easily review patient details with hyperlinked access to their patient profile in the More Information Window.
- Select patients by looking for his/her guarantor.
New module that allows a mass export of Document Center and CCDA files and the ability to update a primary database from an offline database when it is reconnected to the network with:
- Charges/procedures and payments
- Treatment plans
- Document Center files
- Provider/Staff export
Universal Time Coordinated
- New feature that allows you to operate in multiple time zones in Appointment Book and log new records from other modules using the time zone of the logged-in clinic’s date and time.
- Quickly view information on the appointment tile when you mouse-over the appointment, including the time zone of the clinic where the appointment is scheduled (helpful when operatories from other clinics are shown).
Patient Tags and Billing Types
- View Patient List module and Global Alerts based on Patient Tags and Billing Types to filter patients for patient communications, marketing, promotions, patient interactions, etc.
More Information Window Enhancements
- Quickly access Insurance Information directly from More Information module.
Medical Alerts Window Enhancements
- Select a reason for inactivating an alert in a simplified user interface.
- Launch Powerchart and Cerner Message Center from Dentrix Enterprise modules.
MiPACS Bridge Enhancements
- Sends user and group identifiers to create a new user in MiPACS with encrypted parameters and the ability to choose what ID to send.
Document Center – Store Any File Type
- New functionality allows you to store any file type support by Windows in the Document Center (only previously supported file types will actually display).
Patient Information Window Enhancements
- Add multiple addresses and multiple next-of-kin records for patients in a refreshed look and better organized layout.
- View the tooth number while entering or editing a payment or credit to help ensure correct allocation.
Help Window Enhancements
Orders Module Enhancements
- Navigate and enter orders with new tabs including: General Lab, Pathology, Microbiology and Radiology.
In-Bound HL7 ORM Messages
- Receive orders for general lab, pathology, microbiology, radiology, consult and referrals.
In-Bound HL7 ORU Messages
- Receive results for general lab, pathology, microbiology and radiology orders.
Other HL7 Enhancements
- Send HL7 flag for appointment status to send ADT 04 with encounter details and to get medications via inbound RDE 01 messages.
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.9 System Requirements
Dentrix Enterprise CU5
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 Component Update 5 is now available and includes the following new features:
Improved insurance payment notes
- Capture additional information with ease in the new note field directly in the insurance payment window.
Enhanced eEOB insurance payment handling
- See insurance companies’ returned alternative codes broken out by procedure in the insurance payment window.
- View those same alternative codes highlighted in red on the Batch Insurance Payment screen for speedy location.
Time stamps displayed along with the date on all signatures in Dentrix Enterprise, including the treatment planner consent form, document center files, clinical notes and receipt signatures for online payments through our integrated payments provider, AxiaMed.
Contact Support to schedule an update and access new features.
Dentrix Enterprise CU4
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 Component Update 4 is now available and includes the following new features:
- 2017 year-to-date UDS report calculation updates for tobacco cessation and dental sealant measures
- Adds existing report columns such as full patient name, Electronic Medical Record number, date of birth, gender, and date of service/encounter to 2017 year-to-date UDS report
- Alternate codes are automatically listed in Batch Insurance Payments. The 835 Import Utility also includes alternate codes
Please contact Support if you would like to schedule an update.
Dentrix Enterprise CU3
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 Component Update 3 is now available and includes the following new features:
- Set order for specific procedures to align with payor requirements on DX2012 claim forms
- Set up HCFA212 medical claim form options for specific payor requirements
- View insurance carrier information in Box 38 of UB04 claim form
- Capture internal claim status notes to track claim activity
- Automatically assign the correct primary provider to a claim with a secondary provider when using Tie-To Provider
- Send 90-Day Delay Indicators with eClaims
- Save default DX2012 claim form settings for applicable new insurance plans that use that claim format
- See summary of changes before committing an appointment view copy
- Receive HL7 Delete Allergies (AL1) messages
- Receive HL7 Problems (DG1) messages
- Generate Proposed Case Report that shows only cases set to “Proposed” as treatment case status
- Archive old planned procedures so they do not show on Chart or in Treatment Planner
Use My Clinics features:
- Select Provider security right – filter when selecting providers to only see providers belonging to clinics where the user has this right applied
- Select Clinic security right – filter when selecting clinics to only see clinics where the user has this right applied
- Office Journal security right – filter when selecting providers/staff in Office Journal to only see providers belonging to clinics where the user has this right applied
- Office Manager security right (batch processor) – see only reports/claims for those clinics where the user has this right applied
- See all users in Select User list in Security Setup with Security Rights Setup, View All Users
- Show only users belonging to the clinic(s) the current user has password administration rights to in Select User grid in Security Setup
- Show or hide inactive users in Security Setup for Select User grid
- Check Release of Information and Assignment of Benefits options by default when assigning insurance plans
- Link clinics to fee schedules, allowing you to find your fee schedules by the assigned clinics when attaching them to patients, providers and insurance plans
Please contact Support if you would like to schedule an update.
Dentrix Enterprise CU2
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 Component Update 2 is now available and includes the following new features:
- Meaningful Use – Providers attesting for the EHR Incentive Program’s Modified Stage can run the necessary reports with the Measure Calculation List so that they can move forward with the meaningful use years of the program.
- Patient Status Report – Organizations who need to report on sexual orientation and gender identity for their UDS reports can use the appropriate report so that they can maintain funding.
- Tobacco Use and Intervention Report – Organizations who need to report on patients who are age 18 and older that received screenings and interventions for cessation of tobacco use can use the appropriate report so that they can maintain funding.
Please contact Support if you would like to schedule an update.
Dentrix Enterprise CU1
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 Component Update 1 and Hotfix 1 are now available and include the following new features:
835 Explanation of Benefits Import:
- Adjustment dates may be specified in the Batch Insurance Payment window.
- Users can quickly save a payment session in the Batch Insurance Payment window to continue posting later.
- Users can edit amounts in the Ins Amt column.
- eEOB processing now uses stored procedures instead of direct queries, making eEOB processing faster than it was in version 8.0.5.
- Comments on adjustments in the Batch Insurance Payment window can be left in the Note field.
- Meaningful Use Modified Stage 2 reports have been added to ensure correct calculation of clinical measures.
CU1 Hotfix 1
Please contact support if you would like to schedule an update.
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7
You asked. We listened. Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 includes several of the top customer requests submitted through MyVoice, including the More Information module, or “Patient Dashboard,” all designed to help simplify and streamline your organization so you can focus on patient care.
Get Customized Patient Information at Your Fingertips
The new Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 More Information module, or “Patient Dashboard,” gives you fast, universal access to an overview of patient information, from basic demographics to future appointments, treatment plans, medical information and aged balance. You can even add a picture to each patient profile. Because you can customize the patient information page to show exactly which tabs interest you, the More Information module reduces the effort it takes to find everything you need to know about your patients.
Simplify Administering Security Rights with Groups
Assigning security rights to protect your patient information just got easier in Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7. Now an administrator can create groups of security rights and then quickly assign users and roles to different groups. For instance, if you have a new employee at the front desk, simply assign her to the front desk group and specify what clinic(s) she has permission to access. Anytime you add or remove a security right from a group, those changes immediately affect all users attached to that group.
Enhance C-CDA Files with Deeper Integration
If you acquire additional practices, merge systems or participate in procedure referrals, you now can import and export dental procedures and dental conditions to or from another Dentrix Enterprise database. Our updated import tool recognizes and consumes multiple kinds of records—not just problems, allergies and medications—so you have a more complete view of each patient.
Get More Focused Patient Searches
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 gives you a more powerful way to select patients with new advanced search options. Create targeted searches for patients using more than one criterion, such as last name and birth date or phone number and first name. The new Appointments tab in the Select Patient window lists all patients with an appointment for a selected day, making it even easier to find patients scheduled that day.
Access Improved UDS Reports
With incorporated modifications to the UDS reports, Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 enables your users to find the data required for the reporting year and ensure that your organization receives funding. This includes the new sealant measure published by the ADA.
Stay Current with Technology
Enterprise 8.0.7 is compatible with Windows 10 for client machines.
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.7 System Requirements
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.5
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.5 will help you reduce risk, improve patient care, manage insurance and increase overall efficiency.
- Prepare for ICD-10 coding. Easily add and cross-code the new ICD-10 codes to completed procedures. Test your internal processes, and be prepared to send attached ICD-10 codes with dental and medical claims as soon as payors start accepting them.
Improve Patient Care
- Increase case acceptance with videos. Now you can link instructional or educational videos directly to procedure codes. After a procedure has been added to a patient’s treatment plan, select the procedure code to view the linked videos.
- Make more accurate assessments. Provide better quality of care by using the new Fall Risk scores and expanded Pain Scale options to better assess at-risk patients.
Streamline Insurance Management
- Avoid insurance surprises. Improve patient satisfaction and eliminate uncertainty by viewing the patient’s insurance eligibility status before the appointment begins. Insurance status now appears in a submenu of the patient’s appointment.
- Resolve claims and improve collections. See a history of the insurance plans added and removed from your patients’ records, and when insurance claims were created, split, resubmitted or deleted. This helps you resolve claim issues and improve collection rates.
- Resubmit claims faster. Now you can easily resubmit an insurance claim to the patient’s new insurance plan. The same procedures, information, notes and attachments from the previous claim can be added with a few clicks.
Increase Clinical Efficiency
- Sign multiple notes at one time. Save time by approving multiple clinical notes at one time.
- See all note prompts at once. Complete clinical note templates faster by viewing all of the prompts at once.
- Organize notes for faster searching. Now clinical notes created from a template can be categorized or named based on the template category and name, making your notes easier to find.
- Automatically invalidate conditions. Link conditions to treatment plans to save manual entry time and reduce errors. Once the treatment plan is marked complete, the linked condition is automatically invalidated, with or without verification prompts.
Increase Front Office Productivity
- Copy appointment book views. Copy any appointment book view to any user in any location. This helps you resolve schedule conflicts on the fly and keep your staff informed of changes.
- Keep production goals at the forefront. Now you can quickly view or edit your clinic’s daily Production/Relative Value (RVU) goals right from your appointment book.
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.5 can help you maximize organization, productivity and efficiency and save your organization time and money. Contact us today to learn how you can get started with Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.5.
Dentrix Enterprise 8.0.5 System Requirements